Monday 20 January 2020

16. Verbs: relationship TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
16. Verbs: relationship

Complete the sentences with a verb from the box in the correct form.
annoy
apologize
argue
behave
communicate
criticize
embarrass
fancy
force
offend
pretend
regret
separate
share
support


1
At first, I really ____fancied___ him. I found him very attractive.
2
We stayed going out together and we ________ everything; money, clothes and even friends.
3
After a bit he began to ________ me with some of his habits. For example, he used to whistle all the time.
4
Sometimes he ________ me in front of my friends by drinking too much and telling the same stupid jokes over and over again.
5
Once he ________ me to go camping with his parents in Wales. I hate camping and I didn’t get on with his parents.
6
We started to ________ about money. He said I was spending too much. I said he wasn’t earning enough.
7
Once he came round with his mother and she ________ me by saying my flat was a mess.
8
I told her it was none of her business but David didn’t ________ me against her.
9
I think we both ________ badly. He was lazy and passive and I was rude and aggressive.
10
I started to ________ him in front of people. I used to say he was mean with money, for example.
11
I always ________ afterwards, but he used to say, ‘It’s too late to say sorry.’
12
I hated spending any time on my own with him. I often went to the cinema in the evenings and ________ I was working late.
13
By the end of our relationship, we didn’t ________ at all. We sat in silence all the time.
14
Eventually, we ________. I haven’t seen him since 1998.
15
I don’t ________ splitting up. We weren’t happy together.

Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments