Monday 20 January 2020

36. Prepositions 1 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
36. Prepositions 1

Complete the sentences with the missing words.

1
I’m very disappointed ___in___ him. I thought he was a reliable person.
A
on
B
in
C
about
2
We had some difficulty _____ persuading her to come with us.
A
in
B
for
C
to
3
She’s very self-conscious _____ her height. She thinks she’s too tall.
A
after
B
for
C
about
4
I think we should divide all the leftover drinks and food from the party _____ ourselves.
A
with
B
for
C
among
5
His ideas about education fifer quite a lot _____ mine.
A
to
B
from
C
with
6
Be careful! There are a lot of exceptions _____ this spelling rule.
A
of
B
for
C
to
7
I think this song was inspired _____ an old Beatles one.
A
by
B
of
C
from
8
This is entirely _____ you and me, but I think they’re going to split up soon.
A
among
B
between
C
for
9
Apparently Suzie’s reading is _____ average. In fact, she’s one of the brightest in her year.
A
above
B
over
C
in front of
10
If we put the ladder _____ that wall, I’ll be able to get on to the roof.
A
under
B
beside
C
against
11
What are you holding _____ your back? Is it a present for me?
A
behind
B
under
C
towards
12
We saw some horrible boys throwing stones _____ a poor old dog.
A
for
B
against
C
at


Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments