Monday 20 January 2020

43. Prepositions 2 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
43. Prepositions 2

Complete the sentences with the missing words.
1
Those pills had a strange effect ___on___ me. I won’t take them again.
A
for
B
by
C
on
2
I can’t see any reason ___________ this price rise.
A
of
B
for
C
to
3
We noticed a huge bird ___________ the distance.
A
in
B
at
C
along
4
Children ___________ twelve pay half price for entrance tickets.
A
below
B
under
C
before
5
Please come away ___________ the edge of the cliff. You’re making me nervous.
A
of
B
back
C
from
6
She’s agreed to swap ___________ me and do the Saturday shift.
A
for
B
with
C
from
7
My grandfather died ___________ a heart attack.
A
by
B
with
C
of
8
How can I protect my plants ___________ the snails?
A
from
B
for
C
of
9
Have you seen that new advertisement ___________ jeans?
A
about
B
for
C
on
10
He won’t admit ___________ being a bad driver although he’s had three crashes.
A
for
B
about
C
to
11
She was given a reward ___________ her courage during the rescue operation.
A
for
B
about
C
of
12
We’re trying to work out the cause ___________ the fire.
A
of
B
for
C
to


Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments