Tuesday 21 January 2020

58. Adverbs 2 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
58. Adverbs 2

Complete the sentences with the correct words from the box. Use each word once only.
absolutely
annually
anxiously
comfortably
completely
deliberately
fortunately
happily
hardly
normally
unexpectedly
violently




1
Mike and Cathy Chambers have been ___happily___ married for eighteen years.
2
It wasn’t an accident! She did it __________! I saw her.
3
I __________ have toast and tea for breakfast but today for a change I had a boiled egg.
4
Have you seen Poppy and Dave’s new house? It’s __________ enormous.
5
My grandfather was sitting so __________ in the new armchair that he fell sleep.
6
When he returned to his village after fifteen years, he found that everything had __________ changed. The place wasn’t a village any more – it was now a town.
7
His friends had changed so much that he __________ recognized them any more.
8
My parents arrived at my flat __________. I had no idea they were coming today.
9
There was an accident on the motorway this morning, but __________ no-one was hurt.
10
She waited __________ by the phone for news of her missing daughter.
11
I could tell he was angry because he banged his glass down on the table __________.
12
That book is published __________ but we haven’t got this year’s edition of it. We’ve only got last year’s.


Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments