Monday 20 January 2020

14. Verbs: communicating TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
14. Verbs: communicating

Complete each sentence with a verb from the box in the correct form.
advertise
advise
congratulate
contact
deny
demand
explain
inform
insult
interrupt
persuade
present
remind
translate
warn
whisper

1
‘Ssh! Don’t make a noise,’ he ____whispered__. ‘ We don’t want to wake the others up, do we?’
2
This is going to hurt a little,’ the  doctor _________ her.
3
‘We regret to _________ you that flight BR 243 is delayed for three hours.’
4
I _________ to her three times how to use my mobile, but she still couldn’t make a call.
5
I almost forgot to return the videos to the video shop. Luckily Claude _________ me.
6
I hate him. He called me a stupid idiot and _________ me in various other ways.
7
I know he copied his essay off the internet, but he continuous to _________ it.
8
She _________ me not to do the computer course but I’m still thinking of doing it because it might be useful.
9
At first I wanted to go to California on holiday but in the end we went to Maine because my sister _________ me it would be more fun. It was definitely the right choice.
10
Martha hasn’t _________ me about the trip next week. I don’t think she wants to come.
11
On Radio 6, they are _________ some very cheap flights to Florida at the moment.
12
Our first night in the hotel was terrible. The next morning we _________ to see the manager.
13
She didn’t speak a word of Spanish so I had to _________ for her when we were in Madrid.
14
We were trying to have a conversation but her little boy kept _________ us.
15
While everyone was _________ the bride and groom after the wedding, we disappeared.
16
You look a bit like the guy who _________ the TV programme Lucky Day.


Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments