Monday 20 January 2020

38. Verbs: mostly in the mind TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
38. Verbs: mostly in the mind

Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the words in the box.

admire
allow
compare
confuse
deserve
disapprove
intend
pretend
prove
recognize
solve
suppose
tease
terrify
trust
wish



1
You aren’t ___allowed___ to park here. Can’t you see the sign?
2
She lent him the money because she _______ him to repay it. She didn’t realize he was totally dishonest.
3
Don’t tell the children ghost stories just before bed. You’ll _______ them.
4
I _______ you’d give me some advice. Please tell me what to do.
5
I didn’t want to go to the party so I _______ to have a headache.
6
I hadn’t seen her for twenty years but I _______ her immediately.
7
I really _______ of people who always drive when they could walk. It’s so bad for the environment.
8
I was _______ to finish this project last week but I don’t think I’ll finish it for another two weeks.
9
Money will _______ some of your problems but not all of them.
10
I want to _______ the prices of a few computers before I buy one.
11
People always _______ me and my sister because we are quite similar.
12
Adam is in love with Martina but he has never told her how much he _______ her.
13
Statistics _______ that women are better drivers than men. They have fewer accidents.
14
They _______ to leave at six in the morning but they didn’t get going until eleven.
15
My friends always used to _______ me about my terrible voice. That’s why I only sing in the bath now.
16
You’ve been working hard all week. I think you _______ a rest this weekend.

Librarian: No talking allowed in this Library.
Schoolchildren: But we aren’t talking aloud. We’re whispering.

Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments