Monday 20 January 2020

20. Let’s get technical TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
20. Let’s get technical

Complete the sentences with the correct words from the box.
back up
CD ROM
crash
download
e-card
file
folder
icon
key
keyboard
laptop
virus
website



1
‘I can’t find the letter I wrote to Judy anywhere on this computer.’
‘Wasn’t it a __file___ called Judy.doc? I think you saved it in the ___folder___ called holidays.’
2
Apparently there’s a terrible new computer ________ that can destroy all the information on your hard disk. The newspapers call it the Letter Bug.
3
I can’t afford to buy new computer games so I ________ them from the internet.
4
Computers are great but when they ________, you can lose a lot of your data.
5
I found a really interesting ________ yesterday with details of jobs and courses abroad. It’s called www.jobshop.com.
6
If you want to open internet explorer, click on the ________.
7
It’s too late to send Jasmine a birthday card to arrive by tomorrow. Let’s send her an ________ instead.
8
I’ve just bought a ________ computer so I can write letters and articles while I’m on my round the world trip.
9
The ________ is the part of the computer that you can type on.
10
To get a capital letter, press the shift ________ and the letter you want.
11
We have all our dictionaries and encyclopedias on ________. They take up less space than books.
12
You should always make a ________ of the work you do on the computer. The if the computer crashes, you won’t lose the work.

Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments