Monday 20 January 2020

15. Verbs: body and mind TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
15. Verbs: body and mind

Complete each sentence 1-16 with a verb from the box in the correct form. Then match the sentences to the correct response a)-p)
bleed
blow
breathe
comfort
dream
examine
faint
cure
hug
relax
rest
scratch
scream
sneeze
snore
weep

1
___Breathe____ in through your nose and out through your mouth. ___J____
2
Don’t _______ those mosquito bites. _______
3
What a fabulous cake! Can I _______ out the candles? _______
4
How can I stop my husband _______? He keeps me awake at night. _______
5
I _______ out loud when the bad guy jumped out of the cupboard. _______
6
I couldn’t help _______ when my old cat died. _______
7
I’m about to _______. Atishoo! _______
8
I’m going to _______ your throat. Can you open your mouth? _______
9
Let’s have a drink then go and _______ by pool. _______
10
I’ve cut my finger. It’s _______. _______
11
When she saw the blood, she _______ and fell on the floor. _______
12
That medicine has _______ my stomach ache. I feel fine now. _______
13
She saw him off at the airport and they _______ and kissed for minutes. _______
14
We did our best to _______ her when she heard the bad news. _______
15
What did you _______ about last night? _______
16
You look tired. Why don’t you go and _______ for an hour? _______

a
Bless you!
b
Yes, and you can make a wish.
c
Good idea. Don’t you love holidays!
d
Great! But you’d better not eat any rich food for a couple of days.
e
How long was she unconscious?
f
I can’t help it. They’re terribly itchy.
g
I can’t remember. But I woke up screaming.
h
I know how you feel. I cried when my dog died.
i
I’ll put a plaster on it.
j
But my nose is blocked.
k
Make him sleep in another room!
l
OK. I feel very tired after that journey.
m
OK, Dr Fernandez.
n
So did i. it was so scary.
o
Was she really upset, then?
p
How long is he going away for?

Answer key



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments