Tuesday 21 January 2020

57. Rhyming words TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
57. Rhyming words


Complete the sentences. The missing words rhyme with the words in brackets.
1
There’s no-one on the tennis ___court___. Let’s go and play. (part)
2
My _________ is so sore I can hardly swallow. (goat)
3
Don’t _________ your brother about his spots. He doesn’t like it. (please)
4
We can’t eat this bread, it’s _________. (rail)
5
The air was so dusty it made me _________. (trees)
6
The rules at this school are very _________. You have to obey them. (picked)
7
The _________ of my shirt is filthy. I must go and change. (dollar)
8
It’s getting very late. I _________ if they’ll come now. (shout)
9
I don’t wear much make-up – just lipstick and _________. (louder)
10
I’m going to water the garden. Can you turn the _________ on please? (toes)
11
He’s got a job as a _________ in a new French restaurant. (deaf)
12
Don’t touch the cat. He’s in a bad mood and might _________ you. (match)
13
She’s very _________ girl. She’s got strange ideas about everything. (beard)
14
Alice fell off her bike last week and broke her _________. (missed)
15
Let’s go into the garden and sunbathe on the _________. (born)
16
We need some _________ to tie around this broken suitcase. (soap)
17
You’d better not speak to me today. I’m in a really bad _________. (rude)
18
My brother has a _________ and he spends the whole summer sailing. (shot)
19
This house is haunted! There’s a _________ in the attic. (roast)
20
Can you _________ some cheese to put on the top of the pasta. (weight)

Answer key




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments