Monday 20 January 2020

22. Verbs crossword TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
22. Verbs crossword

Read the clues and complete the crossword with them.
Across
Down
1
Formal word for leave. (6)
1
I love _____ into water. It’s more fun than jumping. (6)
6
I want to _____ a surprise party for Tim. Will you help me? (8)
2
She’s better now. She has completely _____ from her illness. (9)
8
The small patch of water on the ceiling is _____. Every day it’s a bit bigger. (9)
3
To get fit before you go climbing. You’ll need to _____ (5)
12
Can you lend me a suitcase? I have to _____ for the weekend. (4)
4
I wouldn’t _____ go parachuting. I’d be too scared. (4)
13
I’ve passed all my exams. We’re going to _____ tonight. (9)
5
The bull _____ me from one side of the field to the other. (6)
14
There’s no need to _____. We’ve got plenty of time (4)
7
He was _____ and beaten up by a gang outside the club. (8)
15
Yesterday we _____ across the lake in a little boat. (5)
8
The police are _____ for a child who disappeared from his home yesterday. (9)
16
Stones _____ if you drop them in water. (4)
9
Wood _____ on water. (6)
17
You _____ the way and we’ll follow. (4)
10
Everyone watched the soldiers as they _____ through the streets (7)


11
Formal word for go in. (5)



Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments