Friday 17 August 2018

GRAMMAR II. PRESENT PERFECT (III)


GRAMMAR II. PRESENT PERFECT (III)


4. Underline the most suitable time expression.
1
I haven’t seen Gerry for/since a long time. How is he?
2
It’s ages ago/since I last went to a football match.
3
I’ve written to Deborah last week/recently.
4
What have you been doing today/yesterday?
5
Have you eaten Italian food before/already?
6
I’ve been living here in/since the end of last year
7
Actually I had dinner with Sue last night/lately.
8
I’ve been trying to get in touch with David for ages/for the last time.
9
Terry hasn’t been to Edinburg since/when we went there together.
10
I can’t remember how long/when I’ve had this watch.

5. Complete the second sentence so that it has similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words, including the word given.
1
Steve started learning the violin a month ago
learning
Steve ….has been learning… the violin for a month.
2
I haven’t been to an Indian restaurant for ages.
since
It’s ages ………….an Indian restaurant.
3
When she heard the results. Mary began to feel more confident.
become
Since hearing the results………….more confident.
4
The last time Nancy came here was in 1986
since
Nancy hasn’t………….1986.
5
This is my first visit to Japan.
time
This is the first………….to Japan.
6
How long have Helen and Robert been married?
get
When………….married?
7
Jack bought those trousers last month, and has been wearing them ever since.
for
Jack has………….a month.
8
It’s a long time since our last conversation.
spoken
We………….long time.
9
Thanks, but I had something to eat earlier.
already
Thanks, but I’ve………….eat.
10
This is my first game of water-polo.
played
I………….before

ANSWER KEY
4
5
1
for
1
has been learning
2
since
2
since I went to
3
recently
3
Mary has become
4
today
4
been here since
5
before
5
time I have been
6
since
6
did Helen and Robert get
7
last night
7
been wearing those trousers for
8
for ages
8
haven’t spoken for a
9
since
9
already had something to
10
how long
10
haven’t played water-polo/ have never played water-polo

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments