Tuesday 14 August 2018

STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION EXERCISE (Skills 46-48)


LONGMAN COMPLETE COURSE FOR THE TOEFL TEST
STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION

EXERCISE (Skills 46-48): Circle the adjectives and adverbs in the following sentences. Draw arrows to the words they describe. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).
_______
1
They were unable to see where their friends were sitting in the theatre because of the lights dim.
_______
2
After the comprehensive exam, she looked exhaustedly by the experience.
_______
3
The project was remarkable close to being finished.
_______
4
Mark always does his homework careful.
_______
5
The program proved far more interesting than I had imagined it would be.
_______
6
The student had attended regularly all the lectures in the series.
_______
7
The patient became healthy after the operation.
_______
8
The grandparents speak proudly about all their offspring.
_______
9
The manager seemed certainly that the project would be finished under budget.
_______
10
The firefighters worked feverishly, and they put out immediately the fire.

ANSWER KEY
1
I
(should be the dim lights)
2
I
(exhaustedly should be exhausted)
3
I
(remarkable should be remarkably)
4
I
(careful should be carefully)
5
C

6
I
(should be had regularly attended)
7
C

8
C

9
I
(certainly should be certain)
10
I
(should be immediately put out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments