Wednesday 22 August 2018

STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION EXERCISE (Skills 52-55)


LONGMAN COMPLETE COURSE FOR THE TOEFL TEST
STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION

EXERCISE (Skills 52-55): Circle the articles in the following sentences. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).
_______
1
He took a money from his wallet to pay for sweater.
_______
2
The notebook that he left had an important assignment in it.
_______
3
Because of previous disagreements, they are trying to arrive at an understanding.
_______
4
The appearance of room could be improved by adding a green plants.
_______
5
The Senate passed law banning smoking in public workplaces.
_______
6
Each chemistry student should bring laboratory manual to a next class.
_______
7
She admitted that she made mistake but said that she had made a honest effort.
_______
8
His absence from the board meeting was a strong indication of his desire to leave the company.
_______
9
The car needed gas, so the driver stopped at a service station.
_______
10
Anyone taking group tour to the Hawaiian Islands must pay fee before a first of the month.

ANSWER KEY
1
I
(should be took money, should be a sweater)
2
C

3
C

4
I
(should be the room, should be plant)
5
I
(should be a law)
6
I
(should be the laboratory manual, should be the next class)
7
I
(mistake should be mistakes, should be an honest effort)
8
I
(indications should be indication)
9
C

10
I
(should be a group tour, should be a fee, should be the first of the month)

1 comment:

  1. Ca'mon guy! but explain the answer, the answers below we can find them easily the the book

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments