Saturday 11 August 2018

STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION EXERCISE (Skills 37-38)


LONGMAN COMPLETE COURSE FOR THE TOEFL TEST
STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION

EXERCISE (Skills 37-38): Underline the verbs twice in the following sentences. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).
_______
1
After the old radiator had be replaced, the travellers continued their cross-country trip.
_______
2
During the lightning storm, he struck in the head by a falling tree.
_______
3
While I am on vacation, the pets should be feeds every morning and evening.
_______
4
A book being written now by a team of writers will be published in the fall.
_______
5
I found out that the real estate agent had already been leased the condominium.
_______
6
The house that Mrs. Martin has always wanted to buy has just placed on the market.
_______
7
The foundation should have been finishing by the construction workers before they left the construction site.
_______
8
We must leave that money in the checking account because the bills pay on the first of the month.
_______
9
The horses can’t be taken out now because they have been rode for the past few hours.
_______
10
It is being announced by a presidential aide that a lawyer from Virginia has been named attorney general.

ANSWER KEY
1
I
(be should be been)
2
I
(struck should be was struck)
3
I
(feeds should be fed)
4
C

5
I
(been leased should be leased)
6
I
(placed should be been placed)
7
I
(finishing should be finished)
8
I
(pay should be are paid)
9
I
(rode should be ridden)
10
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments