Saturday 4 August 2018

TOEIC 2 READING PART 7(2)


TOEIC 2
READING
PART 7 (2)




Direction: In this part you will read a selection of texts, such as magazine and newspaper articles, letters, and advertisements. Each text is followed by several questions. Select the best answer for each question and mark (A), (B), (C), or (D).
Questions 158-161 refer to the following note.
Dear Jake,

I just wanted to write you a note to tell you how much I've appreciated everything you've done for me. You were willing to take a chance on me when others wouldn't, due to my inexperience. Not only that, but you stuck by me as I learned and made mistakes. I'm happy that you've found a new position with greater responsibilities. You deserve it. But I'm sad to see you go. You were more than a boss to me; you were a mentor and a friend. I will always value your advice, and will remember the lessons you have taught me. I remember the first time I missed deadline, and help up the whole paper. I was scared you would fire me. Instead you were supportive and understanding. I hope we can stay in touch, professionally and personally. I have the highest respect for your talent and leadership skills. You have the ambition and acumen to be wildly successful. I hope you and Denise will find personal satisfaction in Albany as well. I hear it's a nice city. If there's ever anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

All my best,

Tanya
158. What can be inferred about Tanya?
160. What does Tanya say about Jake?
A.   She is not happy in her job.
B.   She does not know Jake well.
C.   She is a receptionist.
D.    She was hired by Jake.
A.     He is a competent teacher.
B.     He is a talented leader.
C.     He is an egotistical editor.
D.    He is a supportive husband.
159. Why does Tanya mention missing a deadline?
161. What is Jake going to do?
A.   To remind Jake of his mistake
B.   To highlight her competence
C.   To commemorate Jake's response
D.  To elaborate on an opinion
A.     Take a vacation
B.     Retire
C.     Get married
D.    Change jobs
 
Questions 162-163 refer to the following card.
Don’t miss an issue! Order Computer Cloud Magazine today!
Fill our and return this card today to keep abreast of all things computer.
(__) 3 months for $25                                          (__) 6 months for $40
(__) 12 months for $75 --- best value! (Only about $1.40 per issue)

Name  ________________
Address ________________                             Apt. ________________
City ________________                                  State ________________   Zip ________________

Choose one:     (__) payment enclosed                 (__) bill me later

Computer Cloud Magazine is published weekly. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of first issue. The savings are based on a 12-month cover price of $104.00. For subscription questions, please call 1-800-463-8800 or visit our website at www.computercloud.com.
Would you like to receive FREE offers and promotions from our partner companies via e-mail?

(__) YES, my e-mail is ____________                  (__) No, Thank you


162
What will happen to subscribers who give their e-mail addresses?
A.       They will be billed later.
B.       They will get two free issues.
C.       They will receive free promotional offers.
D.      They will get the best discounts.
163
What information is NOT included on this card?
A.       The company's mailing address
B.       The amount of time before delivery begins
C.       The company's telephone number
D.      The cost of a one-year subscription
 
ANSWER KEY
158
159
  160
161
162
163
D
C
B
D
C
A
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments