Friday 17 August 2018

GRAMMAR II. PRESENT PERFECT (II)


GRAMMAR II. PRESENT PERFECT (II)

2. Underline the most suitable verb form in each sentence
1
Did you see/ Have you seen my bag anywhere? I can’t find it.
2
Larry is writing/has been writing/has written his novel for the last two years.
3
From the minute he got up this morning Gary asked/has asked/has been asking silly questions.
4
Have you given/ Did you give Helen my message when you have seen/saw her?
5
Sorry, could you say that again? I didn’t listen/haven’t listened/ have been listening to you.
6
The police think that they found/ have found your wallet, so call this number.
7
Did you two meet/Have you two met before? Eric, this is  Amanda.
8
Did you meet/Have you met anyone interesting at the party?

3. Put each verb in brackets into a suitable verb form.
1
I’m sorry about not coming last week. I (have) ….had…. a cold and so I (stay) ………. at home.
2
Wait a minute! I (have) ……….an idea. Let’s go and see Roger. The last time we (see) ……….him was years ago.
3
It’s nice to be back. This is the second time I (visit) ……….this country.
4
I’m phoning about your bicycle for sale, which I (see) ……….in the local paper. (you sell) ……….it? or is it still available?
5
This place is in a terrible mess! What on earth (you do) ……….?
6
And now for an item of local news. Hampshire police (find) ……….the dangerous snake which (go) ……….missing earlier in the week.
7
This tooth (hurt) ……….a lot lately. So I (make) ……….an appointment with the dentist for next Tuesday.
8
I can’t give you the report I (promise) ……….for today because I (not finish) ………. It.

ANSWER KEY
2
3
1
Have you seen
1
had, stayed
2
has been writing
2
have/have had, saw
3
has been asking
3
have visited
4
Did you give, saw
4
saw, Have you sold
5
haven’t been listening
5
have you been doing
6
have found
6
have found/went
7
have you two met
7
has been hurting, have made
8
Did you meet
8
promised, haven’t finished

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments