Tuesday 21 August 2018

STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION EXERCISE (Skills 49-51)


LONGMAN COMPLETE COURSE FOR THE TOEFL TEST
STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION

EXERCISE (Skills 49-51): Circle the adjectives in each of the following sentences. Draw arrows to the nouns or pronouns they describe. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).
_______
1
Her kindly words of thanks made me feel appreciating.
_______
2
After the earthquake, assistance was sent to the damaging areas.
_______
3
Your view has some validity; however, we do not have alike opinions on the matter.
_______
4
It is likely that the early seminar will not be the most interested.
_______
5
I prefer a live theatre show to a movie.
_______
6
The thesis of your essay was not very well developed.
_______
7
The asleep children were wakened by the loud sound of the crashing thunder.
_______
8
During the nightly news show there was a lively and fascinating debate.
_______
9
His car was struck by an uninsured motorist.
_______
10
The girl was all alone and feeling lonely in the darkened, frightened house.

ANSWER KEY
1
I
(appreciating should be appreciated)
2
I
(damaging should be damaged)
3
I
(alike should be like)
4
I
(interested should be interesting)
5
C

6
C

7
I
(asleep should be sleeping)
8
C

9
C

10
I
(frightened should be frightening)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments