Thursday 30 August 2018

GRAMMAR 3 FUTURE TIME (PART 2)


GRAMMAR 3

FUTURE TIME (PART 2)

5.       Put each verb in brackets into a suitable verb form. All sentences refer to future time.

1
When I (see) …see…. You tomorrow, I (tell) ……….you my news.
2
As soon as we (get) _________ there, we (phone) _________ for a taxi.
3
I (go) ________ to the library before I (do) _____________the shopping.
4
We (wait) _____________ here until the rain (stop) _____________.
5
I (get) _____________ £50 from the bank when it (open) _____________.
6
After you (take) _____________ the medicine, you (feel) _____________ better.
7
You have to stay until you (finish) _____________ your work.
8
I (let) _____________ you know the minute I (hear) _____________ the results.
9
Before we (paint) _____________ the wall, we (have) _____________ a cup of tea.
10
We (climb) _____________ over the wall as soon as it (get) _____________ dark.

6.         Look carefully at each line. Some of the lines are correct, and some have a word which should not be there. Tick each correct line. If a line has a word which should not be there, write the word in the space.
Keeping a diary
Are you one of those people who will know

will
exactly what they will be doing every day next

week? When the different days will arrive
1

will you have get out your diary, or are
2

you the kind of person who will just guess?
3

Some people will write their appointments
4

in a diary, but others just hope that they will
5

remember. For example, tonight I’m be going
6

to the cinema, but perhaps I’ll not forget all
7

about it. You see, I will never keep a diary.
8

I try not to forget my appointments, but I know
9

that I will usually do. I just don’t like planning
10

mu future. I know that one day I’m going to
11

make a serious mistake. I’ll be miss an important
12

examination, or by the time I remember it and
13

get there, it will have been finished. Perhaps
14

that will be when I have finally buy a diary
15


ANSWER KEY


5
6
1
see, will tell
1
will
2
get, will phone
2
have
3
will go, do
3
4
will wait, stops/has stopped
4
will
5
will get/opens
5
6
take/have taken, will feel
6
be
7
finish/have finished
7
not
8
will let, hear
8
will
9
paint, will have
9
10
will climb, gets/has got
10
will


11


12
be


13


14
been


15
have

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments