Tuesday 14 August 2018

STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION EXERCISE (Skills 43-45)


LONGMAN COMPLETE COURSE FOR THE TOEFL TEST
STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION

EXERCISE (Skills 43-45): Study the pronouns and possessives in the following sentences. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).
_______
1
Helicopters are being used more and more in emergency situations because of its ability to reach out-of-the-way places.
_______
2
The worker was fired by the chemical company because his refused to work with certain dangerous chemicals.
_______
3
If you have car trouble while driving on the freeway, you should pull your car over to the side of the freeway and wait for help.
_______
4
The administration will not install the new security system because they cost so much.
_______
5
Some parents prefer to send their children to private schools because they believe the children will be better educated.
_______
6
The air traffic controller was not blamed for the accident because he had strictly followed the correct procedures.
_______
7
The new student has been assigned to work on the project with you and I.
_______
8
Many different kinds of aspirin are on the market, but theirs effectiveness seems to be equal.
_______
9
You must bring a tent and a sleeping bag for your trip to Sierras.
_______
10
Each of the team members had their new uniform.

ANSWER KEY
1
I
(its should be their)
2
I
(his should be he)
3
C

4
I
(they cost should be it costs)
5
C

6
C

7
I
(I should be me)
8
I
(theirs should be their)
9
C

10
I
(their should be his or her)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments