Friday 31 August 2018

STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION EXERCISE (Skills 56-57)


LONGMAN COMPLETE COURSE FOR THE TOEFL TEST
STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION

EXERCISE (Skills 56-57): Circle the prepositions in the following sentences. Mark where they have been omitted. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).
_______
1
The students must hand in their homework.
_______
2
It will be difficult to forgive you of breaking your promise.
_______
3
Elizabeth excels math and science.
_______
4
She insisted on going to work in spite of her cold.
_______
5
Bob reminds me to his father because he looks just like him.
_______
6
If you are cold, you should put on your sweater.
_______
7
Mr. Sanders is not here now, but he will call you when he returns.
_______
8
I do not want to interfere your plans.
_______
9
Alan waited Marie after school.
_______
10
Bill laughs me whenever he looks me.

ANSWER KEY
1
C

2
I
(should be forgive you for)
3
I
(should be excels in)
4
C

5
I
(should be reminds me of)
6
C

7
C

8
I
(should be interfere with)
9
I
(should be waited for)
10
I
(should be laugh at, should be looks at)

1 comment:

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments