Wednesday 15 January 2020

22. Missing verbs TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I
22. Missing verbs

Write the missing verbs in the sentences below in the Past Simple. Before you start, read the notes in the Tip on page 31. Choose from the following:

call
clean
cry
enjoy
invite
jump
move
need
plan
rain
show
stop
talk
use
wait




1
The weather was terrible in Ireland. It __ rained ____ nearly every day.
2
Why do the windows look dirty already? I ____________  them yesterday
3
He was only three when his parents ____________ from London to New York.
4
Yesterday Maria ____________ me an amazing photo of you.
5
I ____________ to Karen at the party. She was really interesting.
6
She was really happy when she won the tennis match and she ____________ over the net.
7
I ____________ you three times this afternoon, but your phone was always engaged.
8
We ____________ forty people to the party, but only twenty came.
9
She went to the shops because she ____________ to buy some milk and eggs.
10
Thank you for a wonderful evening. I really ____________ it.
11
My little sister ____________ when our cat died.
12
I ____________ reading that computer book because it was so boring.
13
I didn’t write in pen. I ____________ a pencil.
14
We ____________ for you for an hour outside the cinema. Where were you?
15
They looked at the map and ____________ their journey.

Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments