Thursday 16 January 2020

34. Opposites: various words TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I
34. Opposites: various words

Complete each sentence with the opposite of the word in darker type. Choose from the following:

adult
after
always
bottom
country
far
future
hardly ever
in front of
last
light
nobody
single
worse



1
Everybody likes Lucy, but ___nobody____ likes her boyfriend, John.
2
He lives in the town in the winter and in the __________ in the summer.
3
Do the exercise at the top of page 36 first, then the one at the __________ of page 37.
4
Are you married or __________?
5
Serene never gets up before 9.30 so I am not surprised that she is __________ late for work.
6
‘Is your leg better now, Martin?’
‘No, I’m afraid it’s a lot __________.’
7
I’ll carry the heavy suitcase and you take the __________ one.
8
I came first in the class in English but __________ in Geography.
9
Is the cinema behind the bank or __________ it?
10
Did you meet Nina before or __________ you left university?
11
The house is near the station – not __________ from the sports centre.
12
Now that I’m an __________ I wish I was a child again.
13
We all know what happened in the past, but who knows what will happen in the __________?
14
My friends often phone me but they __________ send me e-mails.



Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments