Thursday 16 January 2020

36. Missing verbs TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I
36. Missing verbs

Write the missing verbs in the sentences below. Choose from the following:
build
change
feel
hope
kiss
lie down
mean
paint
pay
post
recognize
repeat
smell
smile
stay


1
At the end of the film, they look into each other’s eyes and _____kiss____.
2
I think I’ll put a sweater on – I _____________ a bit cold.
3
Is it really you, Simon? I’m sorry, but I didn’t _____________ you without your beard.
4
Put your money away, Tanya. I’ll _____________ for this!
5
Could you _____________ these letters for me, please?
6
Today I helped Jade _____________ her bedroom green.
7
I want to _____________ my shoes. These ones are wet.
8
Are you sure it’s all right to eat this fish? It doesn’t _____________ very good!
9
How long did it take you to _____________ your house?
10
_____________ everyone! I’m going to take a photo of you.
11
You look tired. Go and _____________ for a while.
12
Can you _____________ that, please? I didn’t hear the question.
13
What does this word _____________? It isn’t in the dictionary.
14
My cousins are coming to _____________ in the summer.
15
I _____________ you do well in your exams.


Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments