Friday 10 January 2020

5. Missing verbs TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I
5. Missing verbs


Look at the pictures and write the missing prepositions in the sentences opposite. Use ach preposition once only.
ask
carry
eat
fly
happen
hurt
learn
kick
open
phone
play
sit down
smoke
wash
watch


1
Can you ____phone____ the station to find out the train times?
2
The train is too slow. Let’s _____________ from London to Glasgow.
3
Could you _____________ the window, please? It’s very hot in here.
4
Did you _____________ the film on television last night?
5
When did you _____________ to play the guitar?
6
‘Would you like a cigarette?’
‘No, thank you. I don’t _____________.’
7
Could you _____________ this bag, please? It’s too heavy for me.
8
I’m tired. Can’t we _____________ for a minute?
9
I’m not going out tonight. I want to _____________ my hair.
10
Don’t _____________ me any more questions. I’m not going to answer.
11
I’ve got a new computer game called Traveller. Do you know how to _____________ it?
12
I never _____________ meat. I’m a vegetarian.
13
In football you can  _____________ the ball or hit it with your head.
14
How did the accident _____________?
15
Does your broken leg _____________ a lot?

Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments