Saturday 11 January 2020

13. Missing verbs TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I
13. Missing verbs

Write the missing verbs in the sentences below in the Present Simple. Before you start, read the notes in the Tip on the page. Choose from the following
copy
count
cry
draw
finish
have
kill
lose
hear
help
leave
look at
speak
try
understand



1
My mother always ____cries___ when she cuts up onions.
2
She never ________________ the phone because she’s always got her personal stereo on.
3
What time does the next bus ________________, please?
4
Laura is very clever, isn’t she? She ________________ six languages.
5
I always ________________ the pictures in magazines before read the stories.
6
In this game, one person ________________ to a hundred and everyone else hides.
7
My girlfriend starts work at nine o’clock and ________________ at five.
8
Emma always ________________ my answers in Maths tests.
9
He’s very good on the computer. He always ________________ me if I have problems.
10
I think Josh is going to be an artist. He ________________ really well.
11
Our basketball team isn’t very good. We ________________ nearly all our matches.
12
I don’t speak German very well but I ________________ quite a lot.
13
Our cat ________________ a lot of birds in our garden.
14
My brother always ________________ a bowl of cereal and two fried eggs for breakfast.
15
Sam ________________ hard but he is really no good at football.


Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments