Thursday 16 January 2020

42. Irregular verbs crossword 1 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I
42. Irregular verbs crossword 1

In each sentence a verb is missing, complete the crossword with the Past Simple of the correct verbs.

Across

do
drive
give
have
leave
make
meet
run
send
take

5
My sister ____met____ me at the airport.
6
We ____________ him a computer game for his birthday.
8
Alex ____________ me a beautiful postcard from India.
9
Mark ____________ a delicious coffee cake yesterday.
12
I ____________ breakfast in bed this morning.
14
We got in the car and ____________ to the nearest beach.
16
She ____________ to the station because she was late.
17
We ____________ the party early because we were tired.
18
Who ____________ all the washing up?
19
It ____________ me an hour to clean the oven last time.

Down

Use these verbs for the Down clues

buy
come
drink
fall
get
learn
read
say
shut
write

1
Martha ____________ lots of new clothes last weekend.
2
We went by train and ____________ home by bus.
3
They ____________ married last summer.
4
He ____________ a long letter to his favourite cousin.
7
She ____________ quite a lot of Japanese when she went to Tokyo last year.
8
He ____________ something really funny and we all laughed.
10
It was cold so I ____________ all the windows.
11
I ____________ off my chair because I was laughing so much.
13
I ____________ lots of coffee last night and then I couldn’t sleep.
15
I ____________ something really interesting in a magazine last week.


Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments