Thursday 16 January 2020

47. Irregular verbs crossword 2 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I
47. Irregular verbs crossword 2

In each sentence a verb is missing. Complete the crossword with the Past Simple of the correct verbs.

Across
Use these verbs for the Across clues
begin
forget
hear
lend
see
speak
break
cost
lose
pay
ring


1
I’m sorry I _________ your birthday.
3
We _________ the news on the radio last night.
5
Tony _________ me his calculator because mine was broken.
7
While you were out, somebody called Jim _________.
8
I _________ a snake in our garden last summer.
9
Her new trainers _________ about £50.
11
She _________ very quietly and nobody could hear her.
12
Liz sat on her glasses and _________ them.
13
I’m sorry you _________ the match last Saturday.
15
Who _________ the bill at the restaurant last night?
16
They _________ work at six this morning.

Down
Use these verbs for the Down clues
choose
sell
sing
throw
draw
feel
sleep
think

1
I _________ill this morning so I stayed in bed.
2
When you were away, I _________ about you all the time.
4
Who _________ glasses and a hat on this photo of me?
6
She _________ away all her old love letters.
9
The food was fantastic. I _________ the chicken with lemon.
10
I _________ until eleven o’clock this morning.
11
She needed money so she _________ all her CDs to me.
14
Steve _________ a Robbie Williams song at the school concert.


Answer key



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments