Friday 10 January 2020

7. Family life TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY I
7. Family life

1.               Read Charlotte’s words and write the names of the people on the family tree.

‘My name’s Charlotte. I’m married to John. We have two children, Stephen and Sylvia. My mum’s name is Theresa and my father is called Alan. I have two sisters and a brother – Emily, Rebecca and Michael. Emily’s married to Craig and they have a son called Freddie and twin daughters, Lizzie and Vicky.’

2.               What do they all say about family life? Choose the correct word for each gap.
aunt
cousin
daughter
grandchildren
granddaughter
uncle
grandfather
grandmother
grandson
husband
mother
wife
nephews
nieces
parents
sisters
son


Alan
: My (a) ___son___, Michael, is teaching me to use a computer. I want to get on the Internet.
Theresa
: It was my birthday last week. My (b) ________ Freddie made me a big chocolate cake.
Stephen
: My (c) _________ Michael is great. He always buys me the best computer games.
Michael
: I’ve got three (d) ___________ and two (e) ___________ Christmas is a very expensive time for me!
Craig
: My (f) ___________’s family is really nice. Her (g), Theresa, is great with the children.
Rebecca
: Emily is always very tired. Her (h) ___________, Craig, never helps her with the twins.
Sylvia
: My (i) ___________ Emily is quite fat.
Freddie
: I hate my (j) ___________, Lizzie and Vicky. They cry all the time. My (k) ___________, Stephen, is cool. He’s brilliant at football.
Theresa
: I’m a bit worried about my (l) ___________ Rebecca. She hasn’t got a job or a boyfriend at the moment.
 Sylvia
: Both my (m) ___________ wear glasses. I don’t want wear glasses when I grow up.
Freddie
: My (n) ___________ is called Theresa and my (o) ___________ is called Alan.
Theresa
: My five (p) ___________ are the best thing in my life. I love those twins, Lizzie and Vicky.
Alan
: My (q) ___________ Sylvia is very clever girl. She’ll go far in life.



Answer key


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments