Friday 29 October 2021

Unit 11. Problems and Complaints (B) Flash on English for Cooking, Catering and Reception

 

Flash on English for Cooking, Catering and Reception

Unit 11. Problems and Complaints (B)

 

5

Track 20

Listen to the following customer complaints and match them with the solutions.

1

I'm in a hurry.

a

 

I'll change it.

2

You brought me the wrong side order.

b

 

I'll find you a table as soon as possible.

3

I'm afraid I didn't book.

c

 

I'll get you a fresh one.

4

You didn't give me the right change.

d

1

I'll take your order immediately.

5

There's something in my drink.

e

 

I'll check the bill straight away.

 

6

Work in pairs. Take turns to role play a server and a customer in the following situations.

For the customers

For the waiters

Here are the problems:

• your pasta is overcooked

• your plate is dirty

• there's a hair in your soup

• everybody at your table has got their main course except for you

• your chicken isn't cooked

• they've overcharged you on the bill

Find the solutions!

 

Offering help (waiters)

 

Expressing the problem (customers)

Is everything OK, Sir/Madam?

Is there a problem?

Can I help you?

 

There's a problem with ...

I'm not happy with ...

No, everything is not OK!

I'd like to complain about...

 

 

 

Saying sorry (waiters)

 

Offering solutions (waiters)

I'm afraid ...

I'm (terribly) sorry.

I (do) apologise.

 

I’ll…

Can I ….?

Would you like ….?

No problem.

 

 

 

Accepting (customers)

 

Responding to thanks (waiters)

Thank you.

That's very helpful/kind.

Yes, please.

 

You're welcome!

Not at all.

Don't mention it.

No problem.

 

Use exercises 2 and 5 and the following information to help you.

Waiter: Is everything OK with your meal?

Customer: No, my pasta is..

 CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART

ANSWER KEY



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments