Wednesday 27 October 2021

Unit 6. Preparing the Menu (B) Flash on English for Cooking, Catering and Reception

 

Flash on English for Cooking, Catering and Reception

Unit 6. Preparing the Menu (B)

 

5

Track 10

Listen and reorder the conversation in the restaurant. The first and the last are done for you.

Man

 

... and I'll have the pate de foie gras with crunchy bread.

Man

 

I'd like some sparkling mineral water, please.

Man

 

I'll have the same please, but well-done.

Man

 

Yes, I think we are, thank you.

Waiter

 

...and for your main course?

Waiter

 

Are you ready to order food?

Waiter

 

Do you want any side orders apart from the salad that comes with the pork?

Waiter

1

Good evening. Would you like anything to drink?

Waiter

 

Would you like any starters?

Woman

 

I'll have a glass of house red wine, please.

Woman

 

I'd like the prawn cocktail, please.

Woman

 

I'll have the barbecue pork, done medium rare, please.

Woman

 

Maybe French fries to share, please.

 

6

Work in pairs or threes and take turns to role play similar conversations. Use the conversation in exercise 5 and the menu in exercise 4 to help you.

Waiter: Good evening. Are you ready to order?

Customer 1: Yes, please. I'd like...

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments