Thursday 28 October 2021

Unit 9. At the Bar (B) Flash on English for Cooking, Catering and Reception

 

Flash on English for Cooking, Catering and Reception

Unit 9. At the Bar (B)

 

6

Track 16

Listen and complete the conversations with the following expressions.

coming right up

what can I get you, ladies

do you want some glasses

what would you like

I'll try

who's next please

one cappuccino and one americano

would you recommend

 

Conversation 1

Server:

(1) What would you like?

Customer:

Can I have three bottles of lager?

Server:

Four bottles of lager?

Customer:

No, I said three.

Server:

Sorry. I couldn't hear you over the music! (2)_______________?

Customer:

No, thanks.

 

Conversation 2

Server:

(3) _________________?

Customer:

Can I have two coffees and two pieces of chocolate cake?

Server:

What kind of coffees would you like?

Customer:

(4) ___________________.

Server:

That's seven pounds fifty, please.

 

Conversation 3

Server:

Hi! (5) ___________________?

All our cocktails are half price!

Customer 1:

I'll have a Bellini, please.

Customer 2:

…. and I'll have a Pina Colada.

Server:

(6) ___________________.

 

Conversation 4

Customer:

What white wine (7) ________________?

Server:

We have a nice Italian Pinot Grigio and a good Australian Chardonnay.

Customer:

(8) the ___________________ Pinot please.

Server:

Certainly.

 

7

Work in pairs. Look at the bar menu. Take turns to role play a customer and a server in a bar. Use the conversations in exercise 6 to help you.

Server: Can I help you?

Customer: Yes, I'd like a...

 


CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART 

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments