Tuesday 19 October 2021

TEST 3 PAPER 1 PART 4 Cambridge Preliminary English Test 3

 

Cambridge Preliminary English Test 3

TEST 3

PAPER 1 READING AND WRITING TEST

READING

 

PART 4

Questions 21-25

Read the text and questions below.

For each question, mark the letter next to the correct answer – A, B, C or Don your answer sheet.

 

When I injured my back I had to take a break from my running career. I decided to introduce more women to the sport, to show them how much fun it can be and to give them the confidence to get out and run.

I decided to start a running club for women in my area because I was annoyed by the attitude of many race organisers. They complain about the lack of women in the sport but also use this as an excuse for not providing separate changing facilities.


 

 

21

What is the writer’s main aim in writing the text?

A

to describe her own running career

B

to complain about race organisers

C

to talk about women runners

D

to describe good running methods

22

What would a reader find out from the text?

A

the best kinds of places for running

B

how runners can avoid injuring themselves

C

the progress made by the women in the club

D

the teaching skills of the writer

23

What is the writer’s opinion of the runners she trained?

A

They were too serious.

B

They needed encouraging.

C

They couldn’t develop their skills.

D

They were difficult to train.

24

The women joined the running club to

A

have a good time.

B

meet other people.

C

help them lose weight.

D

become top runners.

25

Which of the following would be the best title for the club poster?

A


B


C


D


CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART 

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments