Sunday 26 April 2020

was/ were ESSENTIAL GRAMMAR IN USE ELEMENTARY


ESSENTIAL GRAMMAR IN USE ELEMENTARY
10. was /were

EXERCISES

10.1 Look at the pictures. Where were these people at 3 o’clock yesterday afternoon?

1
____George was in bed. ____________
2
Carol and Jack ______________________
3
Sue ______________________
4
______________________
5
______________________
6
And you? I ______________________

10.2 Put in am/is/are (present) or was/were (past)
1
Last year she ___was____ 22, so she ___is___ 23 now.
2
Today the weather ________ nice, but yesterday it ________ very cold.
3
I ________ hungry. Can I have something to eat?
4
I feel fine this morning but I ________ very tired last night.
5
Where ________ you at 1 o’clock last Friday morning?
6
Don’t buy those shoes. They ________ very expensive.
7
I like your new jacket. ________ it expensive?
8
This time last year I ________ in Paris.
9
‘Where ________ the children?’ ‘I don’t know. They ________ in the garden ten minutes ago.’

10.3 Put in was/were or wasn’t/weren’t

1
We weren’t happy with the hotel. Our room __was___ very small and it ___wasn’t___ very claen.
2
George ______ at work last week because he ______ ill. He’s better now.
3
Yesterday ______ a public holiday so the shops ______ closed. They’re open today.
4
‘______ Sue and Bill at the party?’ ‘Sue ______ there but Bill ______.’
5
‘Where are my keys?’ ‘I don’t know. They ______ on the table but they’re not there now.’
6
You ______ at home last night. Where ______ you?

10.4 Write the questions. Use the words in brackets (…) in the correct order + was/were.


ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments