Monday 27 April 2020

Recycling (2) RECYCLING ADVANCED ENGLISH UNIT 10


RECYCLING ADVANCED ENGLISH
UNIT 10
Recycling (2)

B Think of one word only which can be used appropriately in all three sentences in each group.

1
Oh, do let me! I’d really much________ do your work than my own.
You know, I can’t face reading much more of this article - it’s ________ dull.
Some people feel that the prisoner is________ to be praised than condemned.
2
Can you please _________that the children are in bed by seven.
I was very sorry I wasn’t able to ________Luke off at the airport.
The solution was obvious to me, but Jade just couldn’t ________ it.
3
So long as you bring a group with you, you’re allowed a _____ticket.
When there’s a _________cubicle, I’ll pop in and change, and then see you in the pool.
For a man with a large overdraft, he’s surprisingly_________ with his money.
4
You’d better take a vote if you can’t ________ a consensus.
The effects of environmental pollution will________ right across the planet.
We’ve been trying to________ Graham all day, but he’s not answering his phone.
5
The Stinger device may help the police to _________ more joyriders.
If your body’s resistance is low, you’re more likely to __________a cold.
Sorry, I didn’t quite________ what you said just then.
6
The manuscripts of the piano sonatas are not available in their original________ .
A fine is a __________of punishment for a minor offence.
Now Heather’s moved to the local state school, she’s in the same ________ as her cousin.
7
The theft of their savings __________the Dodgson family into a panic.
At the second fence the horse reared up and _____________its rider.
Rushing to the controls, Will________ a switch, and the engine juddered to a halt.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments