Friday 24 April 2020

Crime and punishment TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)
24. Crime and punishment

Complete the sentences using words from the box.

arrest
bail
charge
committed
court
defence
evidence
fine
juvenile
lawyer
prosecution
prove
sentence
verdict
witness

1
The ___defence___ lawyer said that his client didn’t intend to cause injury.
2
Drop the gun. That’s better. Now-You are under _____________.
3
I know my rights. I want to phone my _____________.
4
The prosecution says that my client stole millions of pounds via the internet. But where is the _____________?
5
The _____________ of this court is ‘guilty’. Have you anything to say?
6
Everyone knew the woman was 100% guilty, but they just couldn’t _____________ it.
7
I now call my next _____________, Mrs McPherson, the defendant’s mother-in-law.
8
You are a rich man, and just paying a _____________ will not punish you enough. I am going to send you to prison. Let this be a lesson to you.
9
Officer, you have arrested my client. Now you must either _____________ her or let her go.
10
For those under 16 there is a special _____________ court.
11
The Appeal Court might reduce your _____________ from four years to say, three. But they can also increase it.
12
You can deposit £50,000 with the court, and be released on _____________. But if you disappear, you will lose the money. Do you understand that?
13
If your defence lawyer is better than the _____________ lawyer, you may get off.
14
This wicked man has _____________ the most appalling crimes, and all decent people will agree that he should receive a very long prison sentence indeed.
15
Be in _____________ at 9.30. the hearing begins at 10 o’clock, and the magistrates don’t like to kept writing.
ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments