Tuesday 28 April 2020

TEST 1 PAPER 1 READING AND WRITING part 3 KEY ENGLISH TEST 1


KEY ENGLISH TEST 1
TEST 1
PAPER 1 READING AND WRITING

PART 3

Questions 11-15
Complete the five conversations.
For conversations 11-15, mark A, B or C on the answer sheet.


11
It’s time for lunch.
A
Oh good!
B
One hour
C
Half past twelve
12
Would you like a drink?
A
I don’t like coffee
B
I prefer tea.
C
Coffee, please.
13
How much was your new shirt?
A
It’s a red shirt.
B
It was very cheap.
C
It was in a shop.
14
I’m very sorry.
A
I’m afraid so.
B
I think so.
C
That’s all right.
15
Do you speak English?
A
No, I’m not
B
Only a little.
C
Yes, very much

Questions 16-20

Complete this conversation at a garage.
What does the woman say to the car mechanic?
For questions 16-20, mark the correct letter A-H on the answer sheet.

EXAMPLE
ANSWER
Mechanic: Good morning, Madam. What’s the problem?
Woman: 0 ______________
B

Mechanic:
What do you mean?
Woman:
16 __________________
Mechanic:
I see. We can probably repair that easily. Can you leave the car now?
Woman:
17 __________________
Mechanic:
I’m sorry. We’re completely full on Saturday.
Woman:
18 __________________
Mechanic:
Yes, all right. Could you come in the morning?
Woman:
19 __________________
Mechanic:
OK
Woman:
20 __________________
Mechanic:
I’m not sure, but probably about £30.
Woman:
That’s fine. I’ll see you on Monday.
A
I’d prefer the afternoon.
B
I’m not sure. The brakes aren’t working very well.
C
Oh! One other thing. How much will it cost?
D
The engine is hard to start in the morning.
E
I work on Mondays.
F
I’m afraid I need it today. How about the weekend?
G
When I brake, the car goes to the left.
H
Oh. Could you do it on Monday?

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments