Friday 24 April 2020

She explained’ and variations TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)
20. ‘She explained’ and variations

Put the following words into the correct sentences. Use each word only once.

boasted
complained
demanded
explained
insisted
lisped
pleaded
repeated
sighed
stammered
whispered
yelled

1
‘Oh, but you can’t go yet. You really must stay for dinner,’ she ____insisted____.
2
‘Is anybody there?’ The silence was only broken by the wind in the tress. ‘Is anybody there? She _________.
3
‘Don’t waste my time. Where have you hidden the drugs?’ _________ the policeman.
4
‘Come on you reds!’ _________ the crowd, as Arsenal closed for a second goal.
5
‘I love you, Daren,’ she _________, pushing the dark curls away from his ear.
6
‘I have to admit that I’m really brilliant at art and science and music. Oh, and sport,’ she _________.
7
‘W… w… would you mind terribly if I k… k… k… kissed you?’ he _________.
8
‘The company’s cash-flow crisis makes it is impossible to keep you all,’ _________ the spokesperson. ‘There will be job losses, I’m afraid.’
9
‘Please don’t kill my husband!’ _________ a tearful woman, as the government soldiers lined a group of captured rebels against a wall.
10
‘This pasta is cold, and the sauce is too salty,’ she _________ to the waiter. ‘Have you got anything edible on the menu?’
11
‘Yeth, that ith very pretty,’ the little girl _________.
12
‘Ah, well,’ he _________. ‘That’s the end of that, I suppose. It was nice while it lasted.’


ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments