Friday 24 April 2020

Crawling and other ways of moving TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)
29. Crawling and other ways of moving

Complete the sentences using words from the box.

crawled
leapt
limped
loitered
plodded
skipped
staggered
strolled
stumbled
tramped

1
The ground was rough, and I was an inexperienced climber, I ____stumbled___ and fell down a crevasse, breaking both my legs.
2
The happy children _________ along the road to school.
3
By now mortally wounded, our heroine _________ into the smoke-filled barn to send one last radio message to her comrades.
4
They fixed his leg, but he _________ for the rest of his life.
5
The villain _________ casually past the car, but I saw him check out the phone inside.
6
Exhausted, and with her boots caked in mud, the vet _________ back to her car.
7
The thieves _________ around the front of the shop for ages before breaking in.
8
We _________ through miles of forest looking for mushrooms.
9
After all that, I just _________ into my sleeping-bag and went straight to sleep.
10
I was pleased to see that you all _________ out of bed when I set the fire alarm off. Just checking!

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments