Friday 24 April 2020

Prepositions 2 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)
31. Prepositions 2

Complete the sentences with the correct prepositions.

1
I love going away __on___ business and getting away from the family. They all drive me mad.
2
I don’t understand anything on this Thai menu. I think I’ll choose something _____ random.
3
Phone and send an e-mail. Keep _____ touch, anyway.
4
You want to go out with a guy in the office? Did you have anyone _____ mind, or do you like them all?
5
All those _____ favour _____ the proposal, please say yes now.
6
Lend you £2,000? You must be completely _____ your mind.
7
Actually, _____ second thoughts, I might be able to lend you the money. But you will have to do me a favour.
8
With credit cards and internet shopping. It’s all too easy to get _____ debt.
9
Are you _____ good terms with your probation officer?
10
I know a nice little place _____ the outskirts of town. Will you join us?
11
This device is _____ the cutting edge of technology, you realize.
12
We’re advertising it exclusively _____ our website.
13
Don’t ask me about that son of mine; _____ all I know he is in an Australian prison by now.
14
The temperature in Egypt at the moment? Well, _____ a guess I’d say about 35 degrees. Pretty hot, in any case.
15
You tell me what’s _____ offer, and I will tell you if I’m interested, OK?


ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments