Saturday 25 April 2020

I am doing (present continuous) ESSENTIAL GRAMMAR IN USE ELEMENTARY


ESSENTIAL GRAMMAR IN USE ELEMENTARY
3. I am doing (present continuous)

EXERCISES
3.1 What are these people doing? Use these verbs to complete the sentences:

eat
have
lie
play
sit
wait


1
She’s eating ________ an apple.
2
He ________________________________ for a bus.
3
They ________________________________ football.
4
________________________________ on the floor.
5
________________________________ breakfast.
6
________________________________ on the table

3.2 Complete the sentences. Use one of these verbs.

build
cook
go
have
stand
stay
swim
work

1
Please be quiet. ____ I’m working.__________
2
‘Where’s John?’ ‘He’s in the kitchen. He _______________.’
3
‘You _______________ on my foot.’ ‘Oh, I’m sorry.’
4
Look! Somebody _______________ in the river.
5
We’re here on holiday. We _______________ at the Central Hotel.
6
‘Where’s Ann?’ ‘She _______________ a shower.’
7
They _______________ a new theatre in the city centre at the moment.
8
I _______________ now. Goodbye.

3.3 Look at the picture. Write sentences about Jane. Use She’s –ing or She isn’t -ing

1
(have dinner) ___Jane isn’t having dinner. ______
2
(watch television) ___She’s watching television. _______
3
(sit on the floor) She _________________________
4
(read a book) ________________________________
5
(play the piano) ________________________________
6
(laugh) ________________________________
7
(wear a hat) ________________________________
8
(write a letter) ________________________________

3.4 What’s happening at the moment? Write true sentences.

1
(I/wash/my hair) _____I’m not washing my hair. ____________
2
(it/snow) ______ It’s snowing. OR it isn’t snowing ______________
3
(i/sit/on a chair) ____________________________________________
4
(I/eat) ____________________________________________
5
(it/rain) ____________________________________________
6
(I/learn/English) ____________________________________________
7
(I/listen/to music) ____________________________________________
8
(the sun/shine) ____________________________________________
9
(I/wear/shoes) ____________________________________________
10
(I/read/a newspaper) ____________________________________________

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments