Saturday 25 April 2020

I am doing and I do ESSENTIAL GRAMMAR IN USE ELEMENTARY


ESSENTIAL GRAMMAR IN USE ELEMENTARY
8. I am doing and I do
(present continuous and present simple)

EXERCISES

8.1 Answer the questions about the pictures.

1
Does he take photographs? Yes, he does. _____    Is he taking a photograph? __No, he isn’t. _______
What is he doing? ____ He’s having a bath. _____
2
Is he driving a bus? ________________________________     Does she drive a bus? ______________________
What is she doing? ______________________
3
Does he clean window? ______________________               Is he cleaning a window? ______________________
What is he doing? ______________________
4
Are they teaching? ______________________             Do they teach? ______________________
What do they do?

8.2 Put in am/is/are or do/don’t/doesn’t.

1
Excuse me, ___do___ you speak English?
2
‘Where’s Ann?’ ‘I _____________ know.’
3
What’s funny? Why _____________ you laughing?
4
‘What _____________ your sister do?’ ‘She’s a dentist.’
5
It _____________ raining. I _____________ want to go out in the rain.
6
‘Where _____________ you come from?’ ‘Canada.’
7
How much _____________ it cost to phone Canada?
8
George is good tennis player but he _____________ play very often.

8.3 Put the verb in the present continuous (I am doing) or the present simple (I do)

1
Excuse me. ___Do you speak___ (you/speak) English?
2
‘Where’s Tom?’ ‘__He’s having__’ (he/have) a shower.’
3
I don’t watch ___ (i/not/watch) television very often.
4
Listen! Somebody ____________ (sing).
5
Sandra is tired. ____________ (she/want) to go home now.
6
How often ____________ (you/read) a newspaper?
7
‘Excuse me but ____________ (you/sit) in my place.’ ‘Oh, I’m sorry.’
8
I’m sorry. ____________(I/not/understand). Can you speak more slowly?
9
It’s late ____________ (I/go) home now. ____________ (you/come) with me?
10
What time ____________ (your father/finish) work in the evenings?
11
You can turn off the radio. ____________ (I/not/listen) to it.
12
‘Where’s Paul?’ ‘In the kitchen. ____________ (he/cook) something.’
13
Martin ____________(not/usually/drive) to work. He ____________ (usually/walk).
14
Sue ____________ (not/like) coffee. ____________ (she/prefer) tea.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments