Saturday 25 April 2020

I don’t … (present simple negative) ESSENTIAL GRAMMAR IN USE ELEMENTARY


ESSENTIAL GRAMMAR IN USE ELEMENTARY
6. I don’t … (present simple negative)

EXERCISES

6.1 Write the negative

1
I play the piano very well.
____ I don’t play the piano very well. _______
2
Jane plays the piano very well.
Jane _____________________________________
3
They know my phone number.
_____________________________________
4
We work very hard.
_____________________________________
5
He has a bath every day.
_____________________________________
6
You do the same thing every day.
_____________________________________

6.2 Study the information and write sentences with like.

1
___ Bill and Rose like classical music.
Carol ____________________________
I ____________________________ classical music
2
Bill and Rose _____________________
Carol _____________________
I _____________________
3





6.3 Write about yourself. Use: I never….or I often… or I don’t… very often.

1
(watch TV) ____ I don’t watch TV very often. (OR I never  OR  I often)
2
(go to the theatre) _____________________________________
3
(ride a bicycle) _____________________________________________
4
(eat in restaurants) _____________________________________________
5
(travel by train) _____________________________________________

6.4 Complete the sentences. All of them are negative. Use don’t/ doesn’t + one of these verbs:

cost
go
know
read
see
use
wear

1
I buy a newspaper every day but sometimes. I ___don’t read ____it.
2
Paul has a car but he ______ it very often.
3
They like films and they ______ to the cinema very often.
4
Amanda is married but she ______ a ring.
5
I ______ much about politics. I’m not interested in it.
6
It’s not an expensive hotel. It ______ much to stay there.
7
Brian lives near us but we ______ him very often.

6.5 Put the verb into the correct form, positive or negative.

1
Margaret ___speaks___ four languages – English, French, German, and Spanish. (speak)
2
I ___don’t like___ my job. It’s very boring. (like)
3
‘Where’s Martin?’ ‘I’m sorry. I _____________.’ (know)
4
Sue is a very quiet person. She _____________ very much. (talk)
5
Jim _____________ a lot of tea. It’s his favourite drink. (drink)
6
It’s not true! I _____________ it! (believe)
7
That’s a very beautiful picture. I _____________ very much. (like)
8
Mark is a vegetarian. He _____________ meat. (eat)

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments