Thursday 23 April 2020

TENSE FORMS (7) FCE USE OF ENGLISH


FCE USE OF ENGLISH
TENSE FORMS (7)

14
used to – be/ Get used to + ing form/noun/pronoun – Would – Was going to
Complete the sentences using the words in bold. Use two to five words.

1
Paul lived in Brazil when he was young
live
Paul ____used to live_____ in Brazil when he was young.
2
When he was in the army, he used to wake up at 5 o’clock in the morning.
would
When he was in the army _____________ at 5 o’clock in the morning.
3
Rosa didn’t like English food at first, but now she quite likes it.
used
Rosa didn’t like English food at first, but now _____________ it.
4
He meant to make a cup of tea but they had run out of teabags.
going
He _____________ a cup of tea but they had run out of teabags.
5
I don’t think I’ll ever find it easy to eat with chopsticks.
used
I don’t think I’ll ever ___________ with chopsticks.
6
My grandmother rarely travels by plane.
used
My grandmother _______________ by plane.
7
She wanted to call him but she couldn’t find his phone number.
going
She _____________ but she couldn’t find his phone number
8
My mother always gave me a bath every Friday night when I was a little.
would
My mother _______________ a bath every Friday night when I was a little.
15
Make all the necessary changes and additions to make a complete letter.

Dear Sirs,

Yesterday/ I receive/new TV set/I order. However/I be/ very angry/as it arrive/terrible condition. Firstly/delivery men/be rude/refuse/wait/while I/unpack/I see/it be damaged. The control knob/be broken/and there be/large crack/on the top/TV. i/never before/receive/anything/in such bad condition. Could you arrange/collect this set/and deliver/a new one/soon/possible? I trust/this matter receive/prompt attention.

Yours faithfully

L. Rogers (Mr)


Dear Sirs,

Yesterday I received…..

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments