Thursday 23 April 2020

TENSE FORMS (10) FCE USE OF ENGLISH


FCE USE OF ENGLISH
TENSE FORMS (10)


21
Make all necessary changes and additions to make a complete letter.

Dear Mrs Scott,

I/write/confirm/arrangements/concerning/new nanny Margarita. Margarita’s plane/leave Hamburg/5.30/arrive/London Gatwick 6.45, so/it/be/early start/you. As agreed/Margarita/work/8-10 morning/3-8 afternoon and evening. She/have/English lessons/every Saturday. As know/by Christmas/Margarita/complete/six months’ employment/therefore/expect/pay rise 10%, i/go/holiday/three weeks/Saturday/if/have problems/contact/secretary Elizabeth Hazlet. I hope/things run smoothly/you/Margarita.

Yours sincerely

Janet Hemsworth


Dear Mrs Scott

I am writing to confirm the arrangements concerning your new nanny Margarita …….
22
Put the verbs in brackets into the appropriate present or future forms.

1
Bill Haynes, author of the immensely popular novel “Black Roses”, 1) ____________ (write) a new novel. “I 2) ____________ (start) next Monday – or at least that’s the plan,” says Bill. “It’s amazing to think that by next year it 3) ____________ (be) ten years since I last picked up a pen.” Despite his long break, Bill is confident. “I think this book 4) ____________ (be) even better than “Roses”. I 5) ____________ (include) the usual elements of action and adventure but this time there 6) ____________ (be) some romance too. I hope it 7) ____________ (be) successful. ”Of course, we 8) ____________ (not/know) until it 9) ____________ (be/published) next year.
2
Jeanne and Paul 1) ____________ (move) to London next month. Paul is being transferred there and Jeanne hopes she 2) ____________  (find) a job by the time they 3) ____________ (move) there. They 4) ____________ (drive) down next weekend to look for a flat. They hope they 5) ____________ (find) something in a nice area, but with prices the way they are, they will have to be satisfied with whatever they 6) ............................ (find). Jeanne is afraid she 7) ____________ (miss) living in Nottingham, but Paul is convinced that they 8) ____________ (be) happier in London because there is so much more to do there.
3
The staff of Cottenham Primary School 1) ____________ (hold) an open day on August 21st. In the morning you 2) ____________ (be able to) meet your child’s teachers. At 12.30 the Headmaster, Mr Patterson, 3) ____________ (show) the plans for the new adventure playground. We hope that this 4) ____________ (finish) by December. If your child 5) ____________ (start) school this September, bring him or her along! The programme 6) ____________ (begin) at 9 am. See you there!
4
“Where 1) ____________ (you/go) on holiday this year Laura?”
“I don’t know Sue. What about you?”
“We 2) ____________ (probably/go) to Spain again. But as I 3) ____________ (get) a pay rise very soon, I’d like to go somewhere more glamorous. I think I 4) ____________ (get) some brochures from the travel agent tomorrow, so if you want, I 5) ____________ (pick up) a couple for you as well.”
“Good idea. With any luck, we 6) ____________ (decide) where to go by the time summer 7) ____________ (come)!”
5
Dear Anna,

I got the job! I 1) ____________ (leave) for Africa in two weeks. It’s a shame I 2) ____________ (not/ see) you before I 3) ____________ (go). For the first six months I 4) ____________ (work) in a village school, teaching English and Maths. 5) ____________ (you/be able) to visit me? If not, by the time I 6) ____________ (see) you again, so much 7) ____________ (happen) to us both that it’ll take us hours to catch up on our news.

Lots of love,
Danielle



ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments