Tuesday 1 December 2020

Useful phrases TARGET VOCABULARY 1

 

TARGET VOCABULARY 1

SECTION TWO: HOUSE AND HOME

Useful phrases

 

Match the phrases or situations 1-10 with the correct responses a-j.

1

(It is 25th December)

a

Hi!

2

Do you mind if I smoke?

b

Stop, thief!

3

I’ve failed my driving test.

c

Yes, I’d love to.

4

Hi!

d

Happy New Year!

5

(It is midnight on 31st December)

e

Say ‘Cheese’!

6

May I take my coat off?

f

No, not at all.

7

(Someone steals your bag.)

g

Merry Christmas!

8

I’m off now, then.

h

Oh, hard luck!

9

Would you like to go to the cinema tonight?

i

Bye, Paul. See you soon.

10

(You want someone to smile for a photograph)

j

Yes, please do.


ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments