Tuesday 19 January 2021

TELEPHONING 3: MESSAGES BUSINESS VOCABULARY IN USE

 

BUSINESS VOCABULARY IN USE

50. TELEPHONING 3: MESSAGES

 

A

Asking to speak to someone 2


B

Giving and taking messages


C

Spelling names

If you want to spell a name, you can say, for example, ‘A for Alpha’, ‘B as in Bravo’, etc. You may also need these expressions:


D

Taking messages: checking information

a. I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name. could you spell it, please?

b. Is that with a D at the end, D for David?

c. Did you say your number is 624 426?

d. Is that with B for Bravo or V for Victor?


EXERCISES

50.1

Look at A and B opposite and change these conversations so that they are correct and more polite

1.

A: I want to speak to Mrs Lee.

B: That’s me but I’m busy.

A: Sven Nyman talking. I want to talk about your order.

B: Call me back later.


50.2

Spell the following as you would spell them on the phone. Use the table below to help you. The first one has been done for you.


50.3

Match the responses (1-8) with the questions (a-h) in D opposite.

1. No, actually it’s 46.

2. It’s Volladolid with a V at the beginning, V for Victor.

3. No, it’s Schmidt with a T at the end, T for Tommy.


 


ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments