Friday 22 January 2021

WORLD OF WORK BUSINESS VOCABULARY IN USE (ADVANCED)

 

BUSINESS VOCABULARY IN USE (ADVANCED)

1. WORLD OF WORK

 

A

My work is so rewarding


‘I work in advertising. I love my work, which is really rewarding and stimulating. Originality and creativity are very important in this industry, of course.

No two days are the same in my job: I could be contacting film companies for new advertising campaigns one day and giving client presentations the next. I like the client contact and I am very much hands on – being involved with the productive work of the agency rather than managing it.


B

I like the team work

‘I am an aircraft engineer. I work on the research and development of new aircraft. I love putting ideas into practice. I like working on my own, but it’s also great being part of a team. I like the team work and the sense of achievement when we do something new. And of course, the planes we produce are very beautiful.


C

I want to make a contribution


EXERCISES

1.1

Complete the sentences with expressions from A opposite.

1. Work that is interesting and exciting is __________ and __________.

2. If you spend time with customers, you have  __________  __________.

3. If you have a good working relationship with your colleagues, you __________ __________ well with them.


1.2

The aircraft engineer talks about his work. Complete his statements with expressions from B opposite.

1. Sometimes I work late at the office when everyone has gone home. I like ___________ ___________ ___________ ___________.

2. It’s great to see what I learnt during my engineering course at university being applied in actual designs. I like ___________.


4. I love the ___________ ___________ involved when we all work together to create something new.

5. It’s rare, but sometimes when I come into the office and see a huge pile of work waiting for me, I feel completely ___________ ___________.


1.3

Complete this table with words from C opposite and related forms. Put a stress mark in front of the stressed syllable in each word. (The first one has been done for you.)


 


ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments