Wednesday 22 April 2020

11. Ways of looking TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)
11. Ways of looking

Complete the sentences using words from the box. Put the words in the correct form.
catch a glimpse of
catch someone’s eye
distinguish
glance
look
notice
observe
peer
recognize
watch

1
I only ____caught a glimpse of ____ him, so I can’t remember the colour of his clothes. He was white and clean shaven. That’s about it.
2
Actually I’m partly colour-blind, so I find it difficult to ______________ between similar colours.
3
______________ at me, Mummy! I’m on the table.
4
Are you going to ______________ the Eddy Murphy film on TV tonight?
5
I kept trying to order, but the waiter was so busy that it was very difficult to ______________.
6
I was looking smart, and I joked loudly with my friends. I kept looking in her direction. But she didn’t even ______________ me.
7
She ______________ at the empty chair for a moment, then carried on sorting the letters with tears in her eyes.
8
She’d changed so much, I hardly ______________ her. She’s completely lost her figure, poor thing.
9
The old man ______________ a gap in the closed curtains at his new neighbours.
10
‘I’ve been ______________ your behaviour for some time,’ the police officer said. ‘What exactly are you planning to do with fifteen paint spray cans and a ladder?’


ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments