Tuesday 21 April 2020

5. Describing people TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)
5. Describing people

Describe the people below using adjectives from the box

clumsy
cynical
dynamic
elegant
genuine
gullible
illiterate
intellectual
intimidating
skilful
superstitious
tolerant
tough
versatile
weird

1
Dustin Hoffman can take on almost any kind of role – comic, tragic, bizarre characters, everything. ______versatile _________
2
My daughter believes absolutely everything you tell her. But she’s only five. _____________
3
My grandfather can’t read or write. He worked on the family farm from the age of seven. _____________
4
In my family we say that my brother has two left hands. He breaks everything. _____________
5
My wife only wears designer clothes, and they look perfect on her. _____________
6
My mother is a thinker, always discussing issues and reading. _____________
7
My brother-in-law makes beautiful furniture. It’s great to watch him working. _____________
8
My aunt spends her life reading horoscopes, she carries lucky charms around with her, and she never, ever walks under a ladder! _____________
9
My father is an old-style communist, but he seems to get on with everybody, whatever their politics. _____________
10
My niece is a bit strange. She goes around wearing all black clothes and purple lipstick. She listens to old heavy metal bands. _____________
11
My sister-in-law has had lots of trouble in her life, but she survives – and nobody pushes her around. _____________
12
With my uncle, ‘what you see is what you get’. He never says anything unless he means it, and he really cares about people. _____________
13
My eldest son is always creating something. He’s full of energy. _____________
14
My cousin Vinnie always suspects everyone’s motives. _____________
15
My godmother has terribly strong views on things, and not many people dare to contradict her. _____________


ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments