Tuesday 14 April 2020

SECTION 1: HARDWARE 1.12 Data storage CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR COMPUTER AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY


CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY
FOR COMPUTER AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SECTION 1: HARDWARE
1.12 Data storage

burn
capacity
card
drawer
eject
free space
hard drive
stick

1
The data and applications on your computer are stored on the _______________.
To run this application you need at least 50MB of _______________ on your hard drive.
My computer's hard drive has a _______________ of 120GB.
Do you like this CD? I can _______________ you a copy if you want.
The opposite of "Insert the DVD" is "_______________ the DVD".
I can't eject the CD. I think the _______________'s stuck.
Digital cameras usually store pictures on a memory _______________ or a memory
2
3
4
5
6
7

Which do you think is the best solution for each problem? (More than one solution is possible for some of problems.)

1
I want to make a copy of a music CD.

a
You need an external hard drive.
2
I want to store some files. I may need to update them in the future.

b
Use a CD-R.
3
I want to back up data from my computer. I want to update it every day.

c
Try a USB flash drive.
4
My computer's having problems with reading and writing CDs.

d
Perhaps you need a new internal CD drive.
5
I want to add 100MB of extra storage to my computer.

e
Put them on a CD-RW.
6
I want to send a copy of a small file to a friend. He has an old computer.

f
Perhaps you need to defragment the hard drive.
7
My computer's running slowly.

g
You could put it on a floppy disk.

ANSWER KEY
1.12 Data storage
Part 1: 1 hard drive, 2 free space, 3 capacity, 4 burn, 5 eject, 6 drawer, 7 card / stick

Part 2: 2 e, 3 c, 4 d, 5 a, 6 g, 7 f

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments